Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Finding Out

Yesterday was the big day! As anxious as I was to know if we were having a boy or girl, I was more anxious to see our baby again and know that everything is good! And most importantly, everything is perfect! :) Much to our surprise, we found out we are having a baby BOY! Here is a picture of our little Cade Alan Reyes:


We couldn't get a great picture because this little stinker would not get his hands out of his face.

He is definitely shy! He did everything to hide from covering his face with his hands to sticking his legs over his head and kept both arms in front of his face the majority of the time. We were getting nervous that he might not cooperate enough to let us see the gender, but we were wrong. That was one department he was not shy in at all. He had both legs straight up in the air in a V for us to see all we needed to see. He's all boy! 

Brian and I were both extremely shocked when she said "It's a boy!" But before we checked for gender (when she was checking organs) she went from saying ITS a lot to HIS so we got a little suspicious before she told us.

To say we are excited would be an extreme understatement. We are ecstatic! It is crazy to me just how knowing that it is a HE and he has a name changes everything so much. It makes it all seem so real, and we can really start planning. I have probably watched the DVD we got of the ultrasound no less than 20 times by now. And as we sat on the deck last night with our dogs, we talked about having a little boy running around in the yard soon. It is crazy how now that I know I can just picture everything so clearly! Except I got a little ahead of myself because I told Brian "Next summer we will have a little boy running around the yard." Haha, he was quick to remind me that NEXT summer Cade will be 5-8 months old. I guess I just got a little too excited. Still, he will be out there with us next summer, even if he isn't quite running yet! :)

So this may turn really long, but onto telling everyone! We started at my parents house. We took them the cake balls I made and both of them and Ian and Anson all bit into theirs at the same time! It was so fun to see their reactions! They were all so excited. By the time we got there, my mom had decided she thought it was a boy too and Dad and the boys already did so there wasn't a lot of surprise there, but they were so happy to know! Then we all watched the video! And they had us a gift! My favorite book when I was little was "Are You My Mother?" I had it memorized and if anyone ever tried to skip a page or word on me, I knew! They got the baby a copy of the book and I thought that was so sweet! I MAY have made Brian read it to me last night when we got home! :)

Then we went to my grandparents' house while we waited on Brian's mom to get off work. This one was a bit more of a surprise. Kathy and Vicki came over to find out as well. And everyone there was convinced the baby was a girl. Ma Rube was even more convinced when we walked in because "she could tell by my face." Haha, she knew I wanted a girl and I couldn't stop smiling so she assumed she was right. They were all shocked when they saw BLUE!  We watched the ultrasound video there again to show off our boy. 

From there, we headed to Brian's mom's where we waited a few minutes on her to get home. She had guessed that I was having a GIRL and hasn't guessed a baby in their family wrong in 28 years so this was an interesting one! She was definitely surprised to see BLUE! Then the 3 of us, plus Skylar and Joey, watched the video again. She also had us something which I thought was really neat because she said that in March she was at Wal-Mart and had a weird feeling that there was going to be a baby soon so she bought one pink baby blanket and one blue! I thought that was crazy since we found out in April. So she gave us the blue blanket!



After leaving there, we could finally tell the world! It was so exciting to be able to share the news! Waiting around from 10 am until almost 4 before we told anyone almost killed me, but I am glad we did it that way! I feel like it was much more exciting to be able to see reactions of those closest to us rather than tell them over the phone! Now I am just ready for our baby boy to be here! 143 days and counting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment