Tuesday, July 9, 2013

TEXAS

Last week we took a trip to Texas! I don't know what it is, but there is just something I love about Texas! It seems like we take small trips there pretty often. This time, we left on the morning of the 4th and went to a Rangers game that night. I have never been out of town on the 4th of July so this was different for me, but we had so much fun! I love to go to baseball games and this was our 2nd Rangers game to go to. Brian's mom got on the Rangers website and somehow found this picture of us. 


I am still amazed that she was somehow able to find this! This was taken toward the beginning of the game when the Rangers were losing, but luckily they came back and won by 1 run which made for an exciting last few innings! After the game, there was a huge firework show in the stadium and it was really neat to watch. The craziest part to me was that they turned every single light in the stadium out so it was pitch black before it started. I felt little tiny kicks from the baby throughout the show. I don't think (s)he was a fan of all that noise. We may have trouble next 4th. 

On Friday, we spent the entire day shopping, and I bought some new maternity clothes! We took a break between shopping trips to eat some cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. We considered getting some cheap tickets and going back to the game that night, but decided not to since we were pretty worn out from shopping all day and ready for a good meal. So we ran by another mall that night then went to eat at Pappasitas. 

Saturday morning, we headed home then went straight to my parents' house to get Macy. Judging by how much we missed her, we may never be able to leave our baby overnight. I have always talked a big game about how good it is to leave your baby sometimes and that we will definitely be doing that when we have kids. Now that it is becoming more of a reality, I may be backing down on all that talk a little. :) Hopefully I will come around one day because I really do think it is good for everyone (parents, baby, and even grandparents) to leave the baby over night from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment