Thursday, January 26, 2012

6 Months

Yesterday was our 6 month wedding anniversary! I guess we are still considered in the honeymoon phase...I don't know how long that is supposed to last?! Kim Kardashian's lasted about a week, but I think a typical one should be a year. It makes me laugh because I remember when we had been dating for 6 months like it was yesterday. On our 6 month dating anniversary Brian sent me 6 roses and I was in Ms. Knight's room when I got them. I'll always remember that. It was the first time he ever sent me roses. Anyways, he was off yesterday because of the rain. I wanted to take off with him, but have so much going on at school that I just couldn't. We are total opposites when it comes to days off. If I have a day off, I wanna lay on the couch, watch DVRed shows, and nap. He, on the other hand, was up by 8, went to the grocery store, eye doctor, shopped in Fort Smith, and had supper ready when I got home. What a freak right!? Kidding, I was very impressed and excited to walk into a house where supper was ready! And he bought me a little surprise in Fort Smith...new socks! Haha. We may be weird, but we both love new socks! There is something about putting on a new pair of socks that makes the day better I swear.


Comfy
That being said, I did wear a pair today, and though my feet felt nice and cozy, the day was nothing to brag about. :/ We'll see if I have better luck tomorrow.
I was so excited that Brian cooked last night because I have only been cooking for 5 months now and already I am in a rut! I'm burnt out on just about everything I cook! His homemade...yes from scratch...chicken noodle soup was amazing though!

Yum!
On Tuesday, I did make one thing I don't think I can ever burn out on, but I'm pretty sure Brian has...my all time favorite SPAGHETTI! I think Anson is the only person in the world who loves spaghetti as much as I do. And I love it even more now that I have to cook and realize how easy it is! :)
I at least spiced it up with a salad this time

After spaghetti I was good and ate this for dessert:
Decent
Then last night, I ran across this on Pinterest and couldn't resist! Mine didn't look quite like this, but it tasted AMAZING! We ate it with graham crackers...or just a spoon, whatever! 
Yummo!
I was on Pinterest on my phone, and it had logged me out for some reason so I didn't get to repin it but I want to remember this recipe for sure: 

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Recipe from Jessica at How Sweet It Is
Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups chocolate chips
Directions:
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and mix together until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to bubble. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. With mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and serve.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment