Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yesterday was a great day! First Mom, Vicki, and I got pedicures then headed to eat! We ate Chili's for lunch then made a last minute trip to the school supply store. And Vicki brought Cade the cutest little baseball outfit. I need to get a picture of it, but haven't taken one yet.

They brought me back home after that and Brian and I took a nap then got up and got ready for a little date night! It's the simple things that make me happy. Our dates are a lot different lately than they used to be, and usually consist of trips to Lowe's and baby shopping. This one was no different. And I am sure soon we will be considering trips to Wal-Mart alone a date, but that's ok. :)

First, we went to Lowe's to look at floors and also many other things we are wanting to do to our house soon, but floors are on the top of the list. We have never had carpet in our living room until this house, and it has to go. We were spoiled with wood and didn't even realize it. We are planning on pulling up the carpet in this whole side of the house and replacing it with wood soon, leaving only our room with carpet. It is something I CANNOT WAIT to get done. We also picked up paint samples for the nursery. I think we decided on a color called "Little Boy Blue." Which sounds like a good paint color for a little boy's room. And I think we have decided to paint stripes on the wall after I ran across this picture on Pinterest:


So that's the plan for Cade's room so far. Except with blue. The thought of a whole blue room bothers me for some reason. We still haven't decided if we are going to just do one striped wall or the whole room. We will probably start with one and see how it goes then go from there. 

We didn't eat anything big like we had planned since I had a big lunch so we just went to Braums where he ate a burger and I of course had a sundae. :) 

Then we ran to Home Depot because their floor samples, unlike the ones at Lowe's, are free. But we couldn't find what we wanted there. So we went to Target to do some baby shopping. There we found our carseat and the much anticipated breast pump. Haha. And we also found what we will be putting in our room for the baby to sleep in for the first few months or so. We still haven't settled on a crib, but we are making progress. And I say we found all of these things, we still have yet to buy a single thing, but finding what we want is progress, right? It's a little overwhelming. 


And finally we had what could be considered a real date and headed to the movies. We watched the last showing of "We're the Millers" and somehow I managed to stay awake through the whole thing. And resist the popcorn. Who am I? We thought the movie was really good and funny. We aren't really big movie goers. We typically prefer to watch them after they come out, on our couch, in our sweats. But this one may have been worth going to the theater for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment