Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ready for Fall

I feel like this Summer has flown by, but that's ok with me because I am beyond ready for Fall for multiple reasons!

My classroom is finished...with a week to spare! 

For starters, I am actually ready for school to start! That's not something I say every year, but I am really excited about teaching 1st grade this year. I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I am anxious to get in there and see. I mean, look at those tiny desks and chairs, how could I not be excited? 

I'm anxious/a little nervous to see what this guy has in store for us.

Also, I am of course ready for football season! Not much longer until the first game! I am anxiously excited to see what our new coach will be like. And just to finally watch the Hogs again! It's been too long...especially since last season was much more dreadful and painful to watch than exciting.


And I'm even excited for Bearcat football. I haven't been to a game since Weston played 3 or 4 years ago, but there is something different about a Friday at school during football season. Everyone is in their purple and gold, the kids are extra excited, the little girls make up cheers at recess and the boys throw those 3rd quarter footballs back and forth (I can almost feel the crisp Fall air of recess duty as I type that), and the afternoons are filled with a Bearcat coloring sheet coloring contest. They are the same ones we colored back when I was in school, but the kids love them and so do I. Friday's lose a little bit of excitement around the school when football season ends.

Ahh and the leaves...I can almost feel the cool air just looking at this

And last but not least, I am ready for Fall clothes and food. Which I guess both really go back to the weather. I love throwing some good Fall food in my crockpot in the mornings and coming home to smell it for a few hours before finally digging in. :) So much better than throwing a meal together after I get home in the oven or stove. And the Fall clothes. Can't beat those. I could live in boots and leggings or skinny jeans! And I pretty much do as soon as the weather allows!

No comments:

Post a Comment