Thursday, November 28, 2013

36 Weeks

Thanksgiving Day

How Far Along: 36 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of Baby: 5.75 pounds or a crenshaw melon (no idea what that is)

Weight Gain: +27 

Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity except dresses and a few long shirts

Gender: Boy...Cade Alan

Movement: Yes, lots of flips and rolls. Dr. Bell said I can expect the movements to slow down at this point but lately he has been a little wild man! Maybe just because he is getting so big. And I feel the hiccups at least twice a day...usually 3 times. In fact, he has them right now as I am typing. Bless his heart, he probably hates them!

Sleep: Random. Some nights are great, others are terrible.

What I Miss: Nothing! I am just ready for him to be here!

Cravings: Ice cold water and as always ice cream

Best Moment This Week: Thanksgiving of course and NESTING!

As far as Thanksgiving goes, I am thinking I will keep some maternity pants on hand for every Thanksgiving from here on out :)

As for the nesting, I got 10 weeks worth of Math ready at school in 2 days, made 4 weeks worth of folders labeled Monday-Friday to start sorting work, and have completed the majority of my lesson plans through February. I was planning on going up there every Friday and getting things ready for the next week, but my new plan is to get as much done as possible now so I will not have to spend much time there once Cade is here. I will still have to go on Fridays to get my grades in the computer and just check on my sub and my kiddos, but if everything is already in the folders my time there will consist of switching out folders and grabbing my gradebook! Much better than running a week's worth of papers every Friday. Nesting has been helpful!
Oh and I had decided the nesting might stick to school for me, but I finally started nesting at home as well. I was off for break yesterday and managed to get everything BABY out of our extra room, wash any of Cade's remaining laundry (blankets, hand-me down clothes, bath stuff, car seat covers, etc) and put them all away! His room is officially done! With the exception of finding some things to hang on the wall. The hospital bag is packed with what we can do without until then and the car seat is ready to be installed! I almost want to undo some things to feel less prepared so time won't seem to move so slowly! 22 days and counting!!

All we could seem to talk about today is that this will be our last holiday without a baby! We cannot wait for him to be here and know that everything including holidays will be so much better when we have a little one to share them with! We talked about on our drive to Booneville this morning that when we drive there for Christmas there will be a car seat in the back. We talked about him being here as we get ready for Christmas this year and all holidays from now on. We just cannot wait to have him here with us! I really want to make it to close to my due date because the later I go in, the less time I have to leave him with a babysitter before summer, but I would love to fast forward 3 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment