Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thankful

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and it is always my favorite time of year!! I love getting together with family to eat, relax, and just enjoy each others' company. It is so much more laid back/less stressful than Christmas to me. We always have a lot to be thankful for, but this year I feel extra blessed. I didn't participate in the THANKFUL FOR stuff on facebook, but I, unlike some, really do enjoy reading what everyone is thankful for. Most of us have a lot to be thankful for and don't always take the time to acknowledge those things so here are the things I am most thankful for:

Of course, this sweet boy and the fact that he will be here so soon! I cannot wait to squeeze those chubby cheeks!

And the fact that this will be our last EVER holiday without him! I have washed his Christmas clothes and cannot wait to dress him up in them.
My amazing husband/best friend. He is always great, but this pregnancy has shown me how blessed I really am. He does just about everything right now, never complains about doing it, and takes such good care of me. He has always grocery shopped with me, but now he is extra concerned about buying healthy things to cook for me. And he does the majority of the cooking and cleaning at this point...and has throughout my entire pregnancy. He constantly talks about Cade and when he is here. And loves to feel him move in my belly. He also talks about being excited to pick him up from the babysitter each day and get to spend some time just the 2 of them before I get home every day. He is definitely going to be an amazing dad. I always knew he would be, but have been amazed at how excited he already is. I thought his excitement might come once the baby was here, but he was excited and wonderful from the second we found out! And I cannot wait to watch him with Cade.
The day we got engaged
2 days before our wedding in Florida
In Mexico, one day we will go back even if it takes us 18 years :) 
Putting together Cade's crib
 And of course, I am so thankful for my family! From amazing grandparents to my amazing parents, wonderful aunts, uncles, and cousins and of course 9 nieces and nephews who I love more than anything in the world.

Here are Mac and Ma Rube at Rivertowne for Mac's birthday a few years ago. Ma Rube doesn't get out much any more. In fact, she rarely gets out of her chair, but we all love to go over there and visit her. Mac, on the other hand, will probably never stop getting out. He loves to go places and talk to/bother people. :) They are the best grandparents anyone could ever ask for, and I am so glad that Cade will get to meet them!
They rarely let us get a picture of them! :)
My parents who always have, and always will do anything for me:
Doing what we do best...eating :)
Mother's Day 2011
And all of my nieces and nephews and brothers and sisters:
On one of our yearly fair trips a few years back
At Laken's high school graduation
Hard to believe Colten and Mason are Seniors
And I love all of them so much, but am especially thankful for the fact that my parents have raised Ian and Anson. Ian and I refer to these 2 as my "brephews" because they became more like my little brothers than my nephews. It was so fun when we all lived together. Here we are on my last Christmas at home: 

Anson is seriously the sweetest little boy I know. He hugs me every time I see him and would do anything for anyone. He has such a big heart!
And Ian on the other hand, is a little mess. :) He is so fun and truly does have a big heart too. He just doesn't like to show it as much as Anson. He has the funniest personality and is always fun to be around. This is him dressed up for a student council skit at school last year:
And I can't forget out fur babies! I am already feeling a little bad for them because I know they will not be as big of a priority once Cade is here. 
This is what this little spoiled girl does 99.9% of the time...sleep.
Peggy on the other hand loves to play and love on you. She might look like the scarier dog, but she is a lot nicer than Macy. She loves everyone especially her dad!
And lastly, I am thankful for a job that is never dull! I can't imagine going somewhere and doing the same exact thing every day. My job is truly exhausting, but it is never boring. These little cuties...along with 15 others...keep me entertained from 7:45-3:15 every day. There are days I come home dead tired and tell Brian I can't take any more. But I can honestly say there is nothing in the world I would rather do. I think I was destined to be a teacher. HOWEVER I must add that being 8 months pregnant and trying to keep up with the energy levels of 18 6 year olds all day every day is a tiring task. But I do love them all so much and truly have a job that I enjoy going to every day.


This is just the gist of the things I am most thankful for in my life right now. I have so much more that I am thankful for as well, but these things are all top priority and things that I am thankful for every single day of my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment