Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekend Recap

I rarely post about anything besides pregnancy updates, but I thought I would do a weekend recap because we are quickly running out of weekends with just the 2 of us, and I'm sure as soon as the baby is here we will be wondering what we did before.

So, Friday was Homecoming at school. After a crazy week (and the parade), I came home to find Brian napping then we got ready and his mom came over. We took her to Red Lobster for her birthday. I did something I never do and finished my whole plate...plus the salad and about 5 biscuits. That could be why I have gained 5 pounds in the matter of 2 days...yes I somehow managed that.

After we ate, we came back home to drop her off at her car then Brian and I headed back to Fort Smith. We met some of his friends at a place called Brannons to watch Terri and the Executives play. It was a fun night. By the time we got home, I was pretty exhausted and went straight to bed. 

Saturday morning, we got up and had coffee and cinnamon rolls while we watched COLLEGE GAME DAY then headed to Booneville for Anson's soccer game. After the game, I dropped Brian off at his mom's while my mom and I did some baby shopping at 2nd Street Market. We came home later and did all of our grocery shopping for the week then snacked on junk food while we watched the HOGS play A&M a much better game than we had expected. We always went to this game when they played in Dallas and were supposed to go this week, but backed out last week after we got beat by the Rutgers. That may sound bad, but Brian gets so mad when we lose that he probably shouldn't be in public. :) And luckily, it ended up raining so we were glad that we decided to watch it from the comfort of our home. Plus, I had my 1st truly uncomfortable day that day. I don't know if the baby was in a weird position or what, but I was unusually uncomfortable.
After the game, we watched the movie "42" that we had picked up at the RedBox earlier. And surprisingly, I made it through the whole thing without falling asleep. :)

Sunday morning, we got up and had our usual biscuits, gravy, and coffee on the couch while Brian watched Fantasy Football stuff. As much as I love college football, I know nothing about the NFL nor do I care to know about it. The rest of the day was spent cleaning, catching up on laundry, and ironing clothes for the week. Just for the record, our weekly laundry consists of 4 loads every Sunday right now. I am curious to see how that will change. 

We then went out for a Sunday drive which we do most Sundays. We like to drive down what country roads we have found here, and today we also drove by the babysitter's house hoping to catch a glimpse of her outside. We were unsuccessful. Now we are home waiting for the series finale of Breaking Bad. Most of our excitement currently revolves around food and TV.

For the most part, this is what a typical weekend currently looks like for us. I am very curious to see how different that will be soon. We only have approximately 11 weekends left before Cade is here with us...depending on when he chooses to make his arrival! :) I cannot wait to see how our lives are different once he is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment