Saturday, October 5, 2013

28 Weeks



How Far Along: 28 weeks, 7 days. I've been a major slacker. 

Size of Baby: Chinese cabbage or 2.25 pounds

Weight Gain: +17...yea I gained 6 pounds in 1 week. I'm a little concerned about how the rest of this trimester will go at this rate.

Maternity Clothes: Still mixing, mostly maternity 

Gender: Boy

Movement: Yes! And I still love it! 

Sleep: I've started doing what I did in the first trimester again and waking up around 2-3ish every night like I am ready to go then come morning time I am exhausted. 

What I Miss: Nothing, maybe good sleep and no back pain. 

Cravings: Nothing new. I decided after I weighed in today that I am going to lay off the oreos and other sweets for a while...we will see how that goes. 

Best Moment This Week: Just feeling the baby moving and realizing how much he is growing. I love to watch my belly move as he rolls around and kicks. I am trying to enjoy these last 2 months before my life is consumed by all things baby...although it really already is. Nothing but baby has consumed my thoughts since the day we found out I was pregnant. 

And on a slightly negative note, this first week of my third trimester has kinda kicked my butt. I've bragged a few times that my pregnancy has been really easy thus far. I knew the hard part was coming but it all bit over night. The swollen feet/ankles mixed with sudden lack of sleep for no apparent reason on top of my sudden growth spurt and newfound backpain have me eating my words a little. Luckily I am still not to an uncomfortable point but am awaret that that too is yet to come. Now that I have complained, I will say I still feel so lucky to be able to experience all of this as I am aware some people never do. And I wouldn't trade anything in the world for that feeling I still get every time I feel him move. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment