Monday, September 2, 2013

New Floors

So we have been spoiled and didn't realize it. This is the 3rd house we have lived in in the 2 years we have been married, and it was the 1st one that had carpet in the living room. We had no idea how awful carpet was. I hated it. We eat in the living room every night right in front of our TV like a true American family. :) But keeping the carpet clean was not fun. We have lived here 6 months now and have wanted rid of the carpet since we moved in. My dad and Brian worked hard all of last weekend, and we are now carpet free! We only have carpet in our bedroom now. We have to get a few more boxes of wood so there is currently still carpet in the other extra room, but here are the pictures of the almost finished rooms. (We still have to get that wood trim stuff...I obviously have no idea what it is called...to go around the fire place.)
Ignore the random stuff on top of my fireplace. We are about to mount our TV there so it is currently just a mess.


Empty soon to be nursery

Another view of the nursery

And one last one
There are several shots of the nursery because I also wanted to use those as our before pictures for once we decorate it. I wish I would have gotten before pictures with the carpet, but it was all gone by the time I got home the Friday they started, and it didn't cross my mind before.


No comments:

Post a Comment