Friday, May 31, 2013

Sweet Summertime

My favorite time of year is here again! SUMMER! I love shorts, tank tops, flip flops, bathing suits, and laying out more than anything else in the world. Oh and not to mention the 3 months off work. Yesterday was my last day with my kids and today we have inservice...if you want to call it that (just from 11-12:30, a short insurance meeting then our annual faculty fish fry). 
Yesterday was bitter sweet. I love to see each year come to an end, but I had an AMAZING group of kids and parents this year. Like the kind of class that is unheard of in teacher world. They were sweet, smart, AND respectful. Seriously, unheard of. And the parents were so great too! It was also bittersweet because I never wanted to teach 3rd grade. I love the little ones. I thought 3rd was too high for me, but after 3 years there I have grown to love it. And this year, I asked to move down next year. I am not sure what will happen yet, but I have a feeling I will not be in 3rd next year. And yes, I asked for it but mostly because of my maternity leave and the fact that 3rd grade is where the intensive testing starts and I hate to miss 6 weeks right before it. I haven't heard anything yet so I am not sure what will happen but I just have a feeling I will not be there next year. Bittersweet. I asked to go to Pre-K initially which would have been ideal since I would have a full time aid, which would be extremely beneficial during maternity leave, but was told no :( They were nice about it and had legitimate reasons for saying no, but still I was disappointed. There are however a few openings in lower grades so now the waiting game begins. Hopefully soon I will know what next year has in store for me. As for now, I am going to enjoy my SUMMER! :) After this hour and a half "inservice" that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment