Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baby

Since I found out I was pregnant a lot has gone through my mind. I was ready to grow and feel the baby move and thought about changes to come. But honestly, it is very odd to me that I didn't immediately think that much about the actual baby being here. It was more about growing and things we need to do and finding a good babysitter and my maternity leave and long term sub and the nursery. I thought about things like having it sleep in our room for a while and if I will breastfeed and things of that sort but not so much about just the baby. 

I guess there is just so much to think about that my mind has been racing. And you want to make all the right decisions and there are a lot of decisions to be made. Also I immediately got busy reading up on pregnancy related things. Is this normal? Can I eat that? Etc.

But lately I have really been thinking a lot about the baby actually being here and more about the BABY itself than all the things that come with it. What will it be? What will it look like? And I know our lives will completely change for the better forever. We will wonder what we ever did before we had that sweet baby to stare at and take care of all day. 

My first appointment is finally tomorrow and I am really hoping my doctor will do an ultrasound. I have heard he doesn't usually do them at the first appointment but I am just dying to get a first glimpse of Baby! Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

  1. So excited you have your first appointment today! Let me know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete