Thursday, December 22, 2011

Missing Mexico

As I was just cleaning my house with Pandora blaring, the Zach Brown Band song Toes came on. It's now one of those songs that makes you think of a certain time. I will never hear it again without thinking of Mexico...or actually the drive home after Mexico. We went to Mexico for our honeymoon, then flew back into Florida, then made a 12 hour drive home.

My car was packed full
I remember driving home exhausted but extremely happy to be sitting next to my husband and returning back to AR a married couple and to go home together to our house and this song came on. It is basically about Mexico and we just laughed because we were both sad our trip was over and knew it may be a while before we go back...if we ever get to. So now every time I hear it, I remember that feeling I had right at that moment. I was so happy to be married and believe it or not, the 12 hour drive after a plane ride and 2 layovers was actually one of my favorite memories. It was so nice to be together and back in the U.S. and knowing that we were about to start our lives together. It was a feeling of uncertainty. We knew it would be good, but honestly we did not know what to expect. And yes at that point we had been married for a week, but it had been a week of vacations and craziness so that was the first time to me that it felt real. It all hit me at that moment that Brian was my husband and we were going home to a house together.
I was so excited when these came in the mail!
Last night in Mexico
We loved the beach bar
These people were set up singing and dancing. They were pretty amazing.
Us snorkling :)


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment