Thursday, February 9, 2012

Super Bowl

My family loves Super Bowl Sunday. We treat it pretty much like a holiday! I never really pay that much attention to the game..you can usually find me at the food table. This year, I made the easiest thing ever...OREO balls. They are so simple and only take 3 simple ingredients: OREOS, cream cheese, and baker's chocolate. I must be a weirdo because I love love LOVE to make them with mint OREOS and I also like them better in milk chocolate. Everyone else, however, seemed to prefer the plain in white chocolate. Maybe they're the weirdos?! Either way, I made both this time and ended up with some mint ones left over for myself to devour all week. The plain didn't last so long.

My second favorite part of the game, besides the food, is trying to win some money! Every year my family makes a Superbowl board. We pay $2 per square and someone wins $50 every quarter. It gets pretty competitive, but I have NEVER won...EVER. So I was hoping I would get lucky this year....didn't happen! But, my mom won 1 quarter and my dad won 2 so they were the big winners of the night! I don't think either of them had ever won until this year either. And my mom being her generous self MAY have given me her winnings. :) All in all, it was a pretty fun night. Now if I could just get prepared for the real upcoming holiday...Valentine's Day. I have a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day. I really do love it, but I never know what to get Brian. I always tell him it's a girl's holiday, and really it is. That may sound mean, and I do like buying him stuff but anything you would normally buy for Valentine's day seems like a girl's gift. Better get on finding a manly gift for our first married Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment