Sunday, December 15, 2013

Early Labor

We had a very eventful yet uneventful weekend all at the same time! 
It all started Friday. I woke up feeling fine and normal and unswollen. I went to school, was fine, and about 8:30ish I noticed my rings were incredibly tight all of the sudden. My hands had swollen up out of no where and next thing I knew I was extremely light headed and could not focus. I headed straight to the nurse's office to have her check my blood pressure. She said it was in a good range but she was not sure how it was compared to where it normally is for me (when I later called the dr they said it was higher than I normally run but still fine). I continued to feel light headed and luckily the principal was wonderful and came to my room and told me to go home for a free day. My long term sub was already at the school so they pulled him to my room and wanted me to go rest without docking me a day. 
Things from there were a bit of a blur, but Mrs. Chambers got my mom to drive me home while Mrs. Herrera got me peanut butter, a coke, and candy because by this point everyone had decided my sugar or iron had dropped. Teachers are wonderful support during times like this but can be a bit much. :) I appreciated all of the concern but at one point had 10 people in my room all checking on me and making suggestions while I was alternating between trying not to pass out and trying not to throw up and in a pretty confused/overwhelmed state. 
Mom and I headed out and surpassed my house to head toward the hospital until we heard back from my doctor. By this point, I was having on and off back pain that my mom assumed was back labor, as she had it strongly with me. The nurse finally called and said for me to go home and rest on my left side and call if anything else happened and went back over the reasons to come in. So home we went. Mom cleaned the kitchen while I laid down. We assumed at this point my labor was starting. Brian got home shortly and by that point I was feeling much better, but still having the back pain. 
That night, we went for a short drive to catch the score of the Booneville game (we beat Dollarway-YAY!) and I started having contractions. My first one was at 7:38 and we timed them but they never got consistent. We had our bags packed and by the door, but finally went to bed that night to try and get some rest...assuming still we would end up in the hospital before the night was over. Much to our surprise and disappointment, we woke up Saturday to nothing. 
Saturday was filled with random contractions as well. We got Macy groomed, Brian stocked the house with groceries, we made some meals to freeze, and we even tried to go for a walk but it was so cold we didn't make it far. Finally that night we were going stir crazy so we went out for hot chocolate and a drive to look at Christmas lights. When we got home, my contractions got a little more intense and longer but still inconsistent. I, again, went to bed thinking we would wake up at some point in the night and head to the hospital. And AGAIN we did not.
Today I felt better so we went out on a day date to Red Lobster for my birthday since I did not feel up for it last night. At this point, not much is happening and I am feeling discouraged. It is still 5 days until my due date, but these contractions keep getting my hopes up then nothing comes of them. That is beyond frustrating to me. At this point, we are just trying to kill some time and keep our minds occupied because all I can think about is having this baby! I wake up every morning thinking it will be TODAY and go to bed every night thinking it will be TONIGHT! Only for 2 nights now but that is more than enough to truly believe it is happening only to have nothing happen. I know he will come eventually and I have been patient thus far, but once you think it is starting to happen it is hard to think about anything else. So here's to the waiting game! 
COME OUT CADE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment